Summer Plans 🌞| stepping out of my comfort zone, reading plans & MORE

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my summer plans! I wanted to chat to you today about what I am doing this summer and why there won't be a summer diaries post in the same way as last year. I really loved doing my summer diaries posts, and I love looking back on them, but I think this year it's the right thing not to do them. You can read all my summer diaries posts from last year here!

The day when you see this post will actually be my first official day of summer holidays, and that makes me very excited! This summer I am really stepping out of my comfort zone and although I'm very scared, I'm really looking forward to it. 




For a bit of context, I am half French and bilingual, so I go over to visit my family in France quite a lot. The last few years have been a bit disrupted for obvious reasons but this summer, although by no means normal, seems to be a little more relaxed. 

Since I was very young, I've done a sailing course every summer in France for a week. This summer however, as I am now 14, I am volunteering to work at the sailing club for a few weeks, either helping with the courses and activity groups for children or with the hire side of it - where I may be able to use my English!

This is a very exciting opportunity for me, but I am also very scared! It is way out of my comfort zone, and unlike anything I've ever done before. It will take up a lot of my time and this is the reason why there will not be a weekly diary style post like last summer. This does make me sad but it wouldn't be very interesting as most of what I'll be doing for most of the day is working. I am still hoping to read a decent amount so there will still be a post every week, or at least I hope there will be! 




As for what I'll be reading, I have a bunch that I would like to read this summer so here is a little sneak peak of a few books I am hoping to get to. I won't read all of them, but my aim is to read about one a week! 

- Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell

- Girls Who Lie Together by Jessica Russo (anticipated new release!)

- Floored by a collaboration of YA authors

- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

- Guard Your Heart by Sue Divin (Carnegie book club)

- Checkmate by Malorie Blackman

- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

- How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne

- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow

I am also hoping to read at least one classic, but this is more spontaneous and I still have no idea what I'll read! 


My family are probably tired of hearing this but I've had probably the hardest term school wise than I've ever had before so this summer is definitely well deserved! I am looking forward to writing more on here too and spending time with my family, and I hope you all look forward to discovering what I will actually end up reading this summer. Thank you so much for joining me in this post and I will be back very soon, writing from France!! 

Happy reading & happy summer!


What would you like to read this summer? Are you doing anything exciting this summer? Any summer book recommendations for me? Have you read any of the books I'm planning to read?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)


p.s. casual magic of the day:

(If you are new here and have no idea what I'm on about, click here to find out more)

I performed in the school musical last night and it was such an incredible experience. Performing was of course so wonderful and then afterwards backstage everyone was cheering and clapping and shouting out of pure joy for what we had just done. Singing, dancing and acting with this group of people was such a privilege and I am so happy that I didn't drop out, because there were many moments when I seriously considered it! What an incredible night! 

Comments

  1. Working at a sailing club sounds exciting!! I hope you enjoy your summer Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting but I'm also very nervous! Thank you and you too!

      Delete
  2. Ah what an exciting opportunity for this summer, I hope you'll have tons of fun working there and will learn a lot. And yay for coming to France so often, it's always so lovely to meet someone speaking French as well!! :)
    Best of luck with it all and for all of your reading, as well. I love Holly Bourne's work so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very exciting!! French is a beautiful language ;)

      Thank you so much!! Yes Holly Bourne is such a great author! Have a lovely summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment