March Wrap Up | a month of fantastic reads, new books and some book club picks

Hi Everyone!

March was a much more positive month for me in general. I read some fantastic books, had some beautiful days and the weather is finally getting warmer! 

I started the month by rereading Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I then read How To Be The Best Third Wheel by Loridee DeVilla, an ARC book I received via Netgalley. I also read two book club books, Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman, which was an okay read and Skysteppers, the prequel to Rooftoppers which I liked. I also listened to a short story, The Icicle by Carolyn Marie Castagna, someone I really look up to and one of my favourite BookTubers. You can listen and watch her illustrate it here. This month went by so fast but I'm so glad I got to read Maman, What Are We Called Now? by Jaqueline Mensil-Amar. You can read more about my thoughts here.

I don't always review book club books because either I didn't like them but also don't have much to say, I run out of time, or I just have so many other post ideas that it falls behind and I don't get round to it. Skysteppers was very short so I don't have much to say, but I may write a review...we'll see. I am starting Carnegie now though so there will be reviews because of that!

It was a good month overall and I got to read some fantastic books!


The Statistics

Number Of Books Read: 6

Classics: 2

YA: 2

Other: 2

DNF: 0

Definitely more variety this month...


An Overview

Favourite Books: 

Absolutely fantastic - you can read more about my thoughts here!

A reread for me, and I enjoyed it more than the first time...read more about my thoughts here!




Least Favourite:

This wasn't bad at all, it just was not as good as the other books I read. The writing is very stream of consciousness which I found frustrating and it reminded me too much of Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes which is in my opinion better.



Most Impacting:

I literally can't stop thinking about this book...just read the post I linked above about it because then you'll understand!



Currently Reading: 

A Room With A View by E.M. Forster...review and 'book diaries' to come :)




Next, I'm hoping to read:




The Month in general...


March Highlights:

- All the sunshine! I had some beautiful days in my garden <3

- Seeing Rock Paper Killers by Alexia Mason which I received as an ARC, meaning I read it before everyone else in Waterstones. It's probably normal for people that have been reading ARCs for a while but it was the first time that happened and it was so special to think I was in the first people to read this book! It was also cool to see the physical copy because I only got it on my kindle!

The physical book in Waterstones!


Things I'm looking forward to in April:

- Going on holiday with my family
- Reading some spring books
- making the most of more sunshine
- THE HEARTSTOPPER TV SHOW (post coming!)


Books Bought:

So yes, I bought more books...I had my world book day vouchers to spend along with some left over money from Christmas so I went to Waterstones and came out with five books. 


Starting from the bottom we have Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell, which is the sequel to Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, the last book I read in 2021 and an all time favourite. I am so excited to get the rest of Simon and Baz's story!

Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne was a must. I read The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting back in February and liked it, although I think I will enjoy this one more: it sounds fantastic!

Floored by a collaboration of YA authors was a no-brainer! It features several authors I love (such as Tanya Byrne) and several I want to read soon (such as Lisa Williamson). The idea behind it is also fascinating, it's about some strangers who meet in a lift! 

I also FINALLY got my Wuthering Heights clothbound which I've wanted ever since I finished the book in November last year. I am collecting all of my favourite books in clothbound and I currently have Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice too. They are stunning and are some of my favourite books that I own as objects too.

Lastly, we have Felicity by Mary Oliver. This is a collection of poems about love from a poet I have heard so much about on BookTube, especially from Carolyn Marie Reads and Morgan Long. They are two of my favourite BookTubers and they have talked about Mary Oliver enough to make me desperate to read her poems! I can't wait to get stuck in!


I did also recieve some ARCs but I can't actually remember which ones I've recieved when and I don't really want to talk about them on here right now- sorry!
Overall, March was a really good month for me: I read some great books, had some beautiful days...what more could you want? I hope you've had a good month in March and I wish you all very happy reading!



What did you read this month? Have you read any of the books I mention in this post? What did you think? How was your month in general?


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. What a great book haul! And you sure did have a great month of reading. I am intrigued by Am I Normal Yet? I don't think any of us ever feels completely normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great title and I really want to read it! Yes, I bought so many wonderful books in march and just had a great month in general!

      Delete

Post a Comment