Blog Update | sharing my name, email subscription frustration & more

Hi Everyone!

In this post I just wanted to share a few things to do with my blog that are changing, mainly the sign off and the fact I am now going to use my name. 


So hi! My name is Zoë and I am a teenage book blogger from the UK. On most book blogs (and blogs in general), the sign-off includes a name. I have never shared my name on here and I don't know why really, I just never really did. So now I have told you that my name is Zoë!

After my major redesign a few weeks back and after my reintroduction back in September, I wanted to complete one of the last steps in the process which is to change how I end each post. I've have the 'Enjoyed this post? Never miss...' writing at the bottom of each post for a while and I still like that, but I want my blog to be more personal and include more of a sign off. So, I made a graphic on Canva. 

However, there is a huge problem: the way that my email subscriptions work, they are not at all personalised whereas my blog has a camel colour background to the post and white writing. So the sign off should be white, right? But that means that email subscribers (who read my posts on WHITE backgrounds) won't be able to see it! This is SO frustrating! 

The point of this post is mainly to make my email subscribers aware of this and to let you know that if you are email subscribed, this is what you will see.
I therefore encourage you to click the title of the post to view it on my blog to get the full version with graphics visible. It is still perfectly readable on the email, it's just the sign off section that will be a little distorted or look a bit strange.
This is a nuisance and I am working to get it sorted and find a way round it but for now, I apologise. 

This blog reflects me now more than ever and I don't want to sacrifice that because of an email subscription service. If it means I have to change service then I will but that all takes time and I would rather not if I can avoid it! 



I sincerely hope this post finds you well and I would love your opinion on all of this!



What do you think of my redesign? Do you know a way I can solve my email problem, when my email subscription provider does not let me customize my settings much? How are you doing? 


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. I like that you are using your first name. When I write a comment, I like to use a bloggers first name. Nice post, Zoë !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started my blog very young so I wanted to keep details private, and I'm probably still a very young blogger but I felt ready to share. I feel it's more personal when you know a blogger's first name, I like to use names when I comment too, although a lot of the time I'm too scared I'll get it wrong in spelling or something!

      Thanks for remembering the accent and all the lovely heart-warming comments Wendy, it truly means the world! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment