2020: The Best Books I read and my Reading Goals for 2021

 Hello Everyone and welcome to my final post of 2020!

We all have to agree that this year has been far from normal! And to be honest my reading has changed a lot too! So I want to do something I have never done before- an end of year wrap up. I am also going to share some goals that I have for 2021 and hopefully at the end of next year I can review these and see how many I have accomplished. Enjoy!

This year I got a mobile phone and started watching Lucy Powrie's YouTube channel (lucythereader) and she inspired me to start reading classics. So I read Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë. I quite enjoyed it but then participated in Victober which I loved! I read Little Women and thought it was beautiful and then read North and South and wow is all I can say! Since then I have read Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell and The Hound Of The Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. 

I also read the second Paper and Hearts Society book called Read With Pride, discovered A Good Girls Guide To Murder and One Of Us Is Lying and loved reading Internment by Samira Ahmed (featured in my summer reading wrap up), The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris and many, many more. I could go on! 

All in all, this year has been a great reading year, despite the challenges that 2020 has bought. I think my favourite classic was either Cranford or North and South both by Elizabeth Gaskell. My favourite YA book is harder as I read so many but I adored all the books mentioned on this blog.

In 2021, I hope to read the last Paper And Hearts Society book which will be so sad and discover more classics. Hopefully I will read at least one other Gaskell book and read my first Jane Austen. I will also continue with my school book club and work through Alice Oseman's books (post coming soon!). 

I also hope to take part in the Classics Community Reading Challenge 2021. It is hosted by Lucy Powrie (I am just a bit obsessed with her!) and the main aim is to read classics throughout the year. She did an announcement video with more details here. My goal for this challenge is to read 12 classics (one a month) but I may well read more. There is a Goodreads group that you can join from the link in the description of the video if you are interested. There are read-a-longs and discussion pages as well as recommendations and much more. It is open to any ages, nationalities and cultures. Lucy Powrie made it very clear that it is an inclusive group open to all, whether your goal is one classic or one hundred classics. It can be a 20th century classic or a Shakespearean classic it is up to you!

2020 has been a tough year for everyone but I have really found my feet in reading and read so much that I have loved. I  am so excited for 2021 and what it will bring. Expect more book recommendations very soon!

All that is left for my last post of 2020 is to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Thank you so much for reading this and supporting me in my blog.




Comments

  1. Happy New Year! We have all enjoyed reading your blog this year and finding out about all of your adventures in reading. We will look forward to discovering what classics you choose and sharing your journeys into literary worlds. No doubt we will also be following your recommendations. We are so proud of all that you are achieving and the thoughtful, compassionate young woman you are becoming. I'm sure it won't be long before others are reviewing your books. Keep up the amazing work Z!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment