Top Ten Tuesday | Books On My Spring 2022 TBR

Hi Everyone!

I was actually thinking about writing one of these anyway, so this was perfect! I think spring is all about hope, joy and coming out of the depths of winter (even if I do love dark winter days very much) so I'm basing my reading off that. One of my goals for reading in 2022 is to read more seasonal books so I'm trying to find at least one book each season that matches the season. I hope  you are all well, and if not, will find some comfort in this post.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

1. A Room With A View by E.M. Forester

This is one of those books that I always knew I would read in Spring. And if I miss it this Spring, I have to wait until next Spring to read it! I haven't read anything by E.M. Forester yet so I'm excited to do so, but also nervous in case I find the writing too hard!

I think this fits my seasonal reading goal, I've heard it's perfect for Spring!

2. Frenchman's Creek by Daphne Du Maurier

Ever since I read Rebecca last May, I've been wanting to read more Daphne Du Maurier. I read My Cousin Rachel back in August/September and liked it too and last summer I also picked up Frenchman's Creek in an Oxfam bookshop. It was in the edition I wanted and very cheap so that was very lucky! I want to keep reading her books and discovering new stories and this is one that I'm looking forward to getting into.

3. Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

One of my friends is obsessed with this book and of course I've seen is around the blogging community a lot too! It's one of those books that so many people seem to have read and loved and I really want to be able to talk about my opinion! It is a fantasy, which I don't read a lot of, but I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one and if not, at least I can talk about why! 

4. You'll Be The Death Of Me by Karen. M. McManus

This is Karen. M. McManus' most recent release and after reading all of her other books in the last few years, I really want to get to this one. I bought it fairly recently and I think I'll read it soon, it seems quite short too so it won't drag on for too long and I'm in the mood for some faster reads at the moment for some reason!

5. Checkmate by Malore Blackman

I am slowly making my way through the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman. I think it's one of those series where you have to take you time reading them just to digest what has happened and to mentally prepare yourself for the rest. I have heard the Knife Edge, the previous one in the series is one of the darker ones and that's probably why it's taken me a while to feel like I can even consider reading the next one!

6. Passing by Nella Larson

I picked it up recently and I think it will be a good one to read, however I am not sure if I will get to it this year. I've heard a bit about it and I hope I will enjoy it but I also think I will have to be in the right mood for it and it not I will have to wait! 

7. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein

After reading Letters From Father Christmas at the end of last year, I really wanted to pick up some Tolkein in 2022. I think this is a good place to start...please tell me if you think otherwise! I think again, I'll have to be in the right mindset for this and wait until I'm really motivated to read it. It sounds so comforting and magical and I honestly can't wait!

8. Beast by Ally Kennen

I was lucky enough to meet this author by chance and talk to her for a while and was lent this book. I already had read and loved The Everything Machine when I was younger and meeting Ally was quite surreal! I really want to read this book and see what I think! 

9. How To Be The Best Third Wheel by Loridee De Villa

This is the only ARC I still really want to and need to read! I have time but I will have to read it this Spring and I am very excited to. I think it will be a nice fast easy read and sometimes that's all I want! I think it's one I will get to soon as well, I don't think I can wait much longer!

10. Let's be vague...Book club books!

The truth is that I have no idea what my next book club books will be but it's definitely something I will be continuing this Spring. We will be reading the Carnegie books too at some point which will be fun and I'm sure I'll talk about that on here too. I don't know what they will be but I love the fact that through book club, I've discovered several books that I would never have read otherwise and loved them! It's also so lovely to discuss each book with my fellow book clubbers (okay, it's literally just me and my friendship group anyway!) and my teacher. 



Thank you so much for taking the time to be here with me today and happy TTT!



Let's chat!

What books are on your Spring 2022 TBR? Any of these I should prioritise? Link your TTT below and I'll take a look!

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments

  1. Haha, I'm exactly the same way with reading a book in a season, and having to wait until next year's season to read it- that's how I've been (for several years now) with Little Women because I want to read it in winter/around the holidays! I haven't read Letters from Father Christmas but I really enjoyed The Hobbit. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a bit of an obsession! Little Women is just the sweetest, I can see why it's perfect for Winter, several scenes pop into my mind specifically ;) Recommend Letters From Father Christmas, it felt very homely and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Hobbit...I hope I'll like it! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. A Room with a View is such a lovely read. Hurray for The Hobbit! I'm reading it this spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound it, I'll have to check back on your blog for updates on it!

      Delete
  3. You'll Be The Death Of Me is a quick, fun read, if you've read her other books it's nothing new but I like getting an annual dose of them. I've read a few Daphne du Maurier's books but none have really stood up to Rebecca for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know, thanks! My Cousin Rachel didn't quite live up to Rebecca for me, I think all her books will always be overshadowed by Rebecca and for good reason, but I'm excited to read her other novels nonetheless!

      Delete

Post a Comment