CLASSICS I WANT TO READ IN 2022 | reading plans

 Hi Everyone!

Although I am reading YA for my YA Book Of The Month Project, I also want to read a lot of classics in 2022! I have really started reading lots of classics in the last two years and I've loved it so much and I can't wait to continue this into this year. There are so many I want to read and I'm sure I will buy some during the year that I will read but these are just my priorities and ideas. Let me know in the comments (or by emailing zbestbooksblog@gmail.com) what classics you want to read in 2022!




Let's start with my Penguin English Library books! 

Last year, I read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility for the first time and I want to continue the Austen trend by reading Persuasion and/or Northanger Abbey this year. I also want to find time to get to Lady Audely's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon because I wanted to read it for Victober but I ran out of time! I also read Great Expectations, Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol as my first ever Dickens books last year and I would like to read A Tale Of Two Cities this year. Another Penguin English Library book on my list is The Adventure of the Six Napoleans and Other Cases by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. the final book in this edition is A Room With A View by E.M. Forster, which I bought in the summer but wanted to save for spring.

Going a shelf down on my classics book shelf, we come to my penguin black spine books and there are a few of these I want to read too!

I have loved delving into the short story collection Women Who Did and I would love to read more from it. I also bought The Death Of Ivan Ilyich and Other Stories by Leo Tolstoy last summer and I haven't had a chance to read it yet so I want to read something from that as well. Yet another short story collection I want to get to is Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell because I started it for Victober but never got to the end of it.  

I also have a few of the Penguin Little Black Classics that I want to read. I have already read a lot of them but here are the ones I still need to read: On The Beach At Night Alone by Walt Whitman, To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens, The Beautiful Cassandra by Jane Austen, Stancliffe's Hotel by Charlotte Bronte.

I also would love to read more of Jane Austen's letters and I really want to get to Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys because it is based off of a character from Jane Eyre and I LOVE Jane Eyre! I think this will be an amazing book to get to. I've also been thinking about rereading Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte because when I read it back in the summer of 2020, I didn't understand it all so I think I could get more from it if I reread it this year. I would also love to read Vera by Elizabeth Von Arnim as I didn't get to it last year. Last year I discovered Persephone Books and I now have three of their books. I would love to get to any of these but I think the one I will prioritise is The Call by Edith Aryton Zangwill. I would love to read another Daphne DuMaurier, probably Frenchman's Creek. I am quite sad I never got to read from my Agatha Christie Crime Collections so I would like to read from them too, and I got a new Agatha Christie book for Christmas so I will try to read that one too!

I would also like to read Lord Of The Rings, but I don't have a copy yet so I'm going to try and get my hands on one soon!

WOW! That's a very long list and I'm sure I won't get to them all! But these are just some ideas and I am sure this will all change!

Happy Reading!


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on my reviews by clicking here! Your support is very much appreciated :)

Comments