Letters to a Young Poet // reading rilke and an unofficial readathon book

 Hi Everyone!

I bought Letters To A Young Poet a little while ago and only just got round to reading it. I have heard a lot about Rilke on BookTube and so many people love him and his work. It says in the title of this post that it's an unofficial readathon book because I never intended to read it, but I did and so I am of course counting it! I read it fairly quickly but in short bursts because I just needed to drink all the information in! It was so beautiful and gave me much food for thought.

This is a collection of ten letters from Rainer Maria Rilke to Mr Kappus. He gives so much life advice and so many spiritual words and messages that I think everyone can learn from and appreciate. I certainly leant a lot and felt very inspired. His language and writing style was just one of the best things I've ever read. He was a man way ahead of his time and makes me think of Oscar Wilde!

Rilke is mainly a poet and I am very excited to read his poetry as well. I'll make sure to post about it when I do! I think Rilke definately has the potential to become a new favourite poet! 

I read some of this outside in the sunshine🌞🌻


During the last week of May, I also took part in a readathon, which I haven't mentioned on this blog before but I basically read a few books because of that too. One of the prompts was to read something from a country you've never read from before and the bonus was to read one of the host's favourite books. Emma from the YouTube channel *e m m i e*, chose Letters To A Young Poet and as I haven't read any Austrian/German/Czech literature before, I combined the two prompts. 

Overall, this was a beautiful read and one I am sure I will return to a lot! Definitely pick it up, I think everyone deserves a taste of his genius!


Happy Reading :)

Comments