Malamander by Thomas Taylor

Hi Everyone!

Today I am sharing an epic book that really surprised me. I was recommended it by my sister and the title for some reason made me think Malamander was a fantasy world similar to Narnia but not at all! This book drags you into an action packed world. The first sentence |I think is particularly captivating: 'You've probably been to Eerie-on-sea without ever knowing it.'  Isn't that just genius?

It is about a young boy who is the lost and founder at a hotel at Eerie-on-sea. One day a girl stumbles in to his room and says 'hide me'. He embarks on a thrilling adventure to uncover the truth about the girl's past. They discover a tale twisted with friendships, a mermonkey and of course the legendary malamander.

This book Honestly has it all!

Comments

  1. This is a book with a difference and it makes me think of my town by the Cornish coast. It's interesting to think that a town to which tourists bring their children is home to a legendary sea monster. The end of the book has a surprising twist, but I won't spoil it for everyone! A very good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tata Proon -my first comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment